Adopt2Bio

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Brady Bunch goes to the park

I had two extra kiddos in respite this weekend. The two boys were both 4 y.o.. My kiddos are 4 and 5. My two foster boys are 2 and 6. So, this brought our ages to 2, 4, 4, 4, 5, and 6. I loaded them into their 5 car seats in the Suburban "the bus" and drove to the local park, where I bobbed back and forth, scanning the playset for all 6 pairs of feet. I found myself counting every 5 minutes. "One, two, three, four, five...okay, where's the other other one?" Shuffle, shuffle. "Six." Sigh. I told the rocket scientist that we definitely needed to put a limit on the number of kiddos we would ultimately have. He suggested we buy a van. If he weren't in another state on an internship, I think I would have killed him. As is, I have another two weeks to cool down. ...I think it might take that long.
Got into a tiff with another IFer going through IVF this September. She suggested that I wanted triplets or quads, without regards to their health. I do want 2-3 bio children, but I would really like to enjoy them one at a time. I'd like the chance to not have to scan the playground, counting for little feet. I'd like to have my eyes on just one perfect, precious baby. That being said, I'll take what I get and be thrilled.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:48 AM, Blogger Beth said…

    Holy smokes! Bout time you blogged! You need to change your comment options so even folks not on blogger can comment.

    Smooches, B

     

Post a Comment

<< Home